Shooting an Elephant
I don't know what to think of this reading. The writing is good. I get frustrated that he gave into peer pressure; that he had to impress the people around him in order to feel "accepted."
In Class Notes
What did you like or dislike about conference?
I loved how President Monson can stay so positive in such a negative world. I also have had this fear for a long time that since the second coming is so close, I wouldn't be able to have kids, or at least raise them. I don't remember who said it, but someone gave comfort to people like me who have that fear. I love President Uchtdorf's talk in General Conference and in the Relief Society meeting. I love his attitude toward the worth of a soul. This conference, I felt like I received a lot of positive, uplifting messages about my attitude toward life. I also learned that I need to be patient in waiting to receive answers to my prayers.
I also learned things that weren't said in conference. For example, my roommates would rather sleep through the non-apostle speakers (such as members of the quorum of the 70) and only listen to apostles and the prophet. That bothered me. I plan to teach my kids different traditions and I have set higher standards for myself during conference.
My brother Jon is standing in the corner. (I have at least 2 brothers.)
My brother, Jon, is standing in the corner. (I have only 1 brother.-The commas mean Jon is non essential.)
Non-restrictive vs. restrictive, THAT is restrictive (no commas), WHICH is non-restrictive (commas)
No comments:
Post a Comment