What do I want to learn?
In my senior year of high school, I learned a great deal about myself as a writer and a person. I want to learn how to effectively apply those principles I learned in a college setting. Although I believe there could be 1 assignment that teaches me those things, I do believe they can be learned in a process. I also want to learn HOW to think. High school taught me what and when to think, but I expect more out of BYU-Idaho.
Angels on a Pin (in class)
I loved this story. It's hard to choose a side, which makes it more interesting to discuss. I admire the boy in his efforts to show that the system has a glitch. I understand the teacher's frustration that this student was trying to show that in HIS class with HIS test. So how do we find a balance? I don't know. I look at it like this: If the boy chose to do this "demonstration" in his English class or his math class, either teacher would have had a problem. I guess Physics just got the short end of the stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment